Research at IAE
The research at IAE Pau-Bayonne is largely organised around CREG (Centre of Research and Management Studies), a research team recognised by the the Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
It’s led by Jacques Jaussaud.
Célia Guénebeaud <:mailto: celia [dot] guenebeaud [at] univ-pau [dot] fr> et,
Merlène Loumagne <:mailto: marlene [dot] loumagne [at] uni-pau [dot] fr>
CREG is a team composed of professors-researchers in management at the University of Pau and the University des Pays de l’Adour, of PhD students and associate researchers. The researchers at CREG come from different management backgrounds and other disciplines (law, finance, audit/control, marketing, Information System, Human Resources Management …)
The structure of research can be summarised as a three-fold method: strategy / organisation / control
In general terms, the actions of businesses and other private or public organisations are organised according to the strategy, already designed or in the process of being planned, or in interaction with it. These actions can only be put into place following close monitoring and control. Unsurprisingly you find these same terms in other publications from members of the laboratory, or very similar terms such as efficiency, management steering, organisational learning process, etc.
This theme of strategy / organisation / control is used by the researchers at CREG in these three main areas:
- Health Management and Management of Cooperative and Mutual organisations
- International management and comparative management
- Public management of local authorities and territories
The OPTIMA chair constitues a link between the local stakeholders and the professors-researchers from the University of Pau and the Pays de l’Adour, specialised in Local Public Management. In this framework, the chair aims to :
- to act as a centre for sharing new innovations and ideas for local management levels in order to be better informed and understand the necessary local actions
- to share these innovations at a local and national level with universities and their professionals
- to support local authorities in implementing their initiatives
- to constitute a laboratory for engineering these local initiatives in a collaboration with local partners (especially the customers/public/partners)
- to be proactive in terms of the tools and innovative working techniques with reference to each individual case.